Banner

logoxmas

Front Page News

Dunoon Observer and Argyllshire Standard Dunoon Observer and Argyllshire Standard
Home News The News BLAZE AT COYLET INN

BLAZE AT COYLET INN

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

 

alt

 

There were dramatic scenes on the shore of Loch Eck this morning (Tuesday July 7) when a suspected gas explosion in the kitchen of the Coylet Inn started a fire.  

 

The 17th Century coaching  inn, which has been run by the current family for more than three years, is a well-known and well-loved local attraction.

 

The kitchen has been totally destroyed, and there is smoke damage throughout the premises. Two members of staff were taken to hospital with burn injuries.

 

A clearly shocked and devastated owner, Craig Wilson, could barely comment about the disaster. “I have no words. I just don’t know what to say,” he told the Standard.

 

 

It will be months before the Inn is able to open again, a huge loss to the owners, to the local community and to the tourists who visit. More in Friday's print edition. 

Follow us on Twitter

DGS link

Dunoon Grammar School

Inverclyde Council News
Latest News from Inverclyde Council